Theatre NEMO is a small thriving charity based in central Glasgow that provides creative arts programmes for people suffering from mental health conditions. In the last 20 years since its formation Theatre NEMO has supported men, women and young people with mental health conditions through its projects in the community, hospitals, schools and prisons, and has indirectly contributed to an improved life for those individuals’ family and friends.
Theatre Nemo is seeking a relevantly experienced finance professional (employed or retired) with a background in the private or public sector to join its Board of Directors.
By volunteering individuals can give something back to society and their communities, apply their skills in different circumstances, continue or develop new skills, and enhance their own CVs.
Theatre Nemo is seeking a Treasurer with a finance background to advise the charity on a full range of finance related matters and have oversight of financial records and funding. Experience of small charity finances is also highly desirable.
The role will entail:
· Attending the Tri-monthly Board meeting (typically an early evening meeting on a week day every three months)
· General support for TN and its activities through representing TN in some networking circles, attending some TN events, etc
· An agreement on contribution to the fund raising activities through personal efforts (eg. sponsored activities) or promoting TN with the private / public sector through own business network
· Advice to the Board on general financial matters
· Defining the Board’s needs from a finance perspective and assisting with the design of a monthly Board report that the staff can prepare
· Ad-hoc advice to the staff on general financial matters
· Meeting once a year (or as needed) with the external accountants / auditors
· Meeting twice a year for strategic discussion with the rest of the board.From time to time and as required, general review of financial controls operated by, and finance documents prepared by staff.
For more information contact Hugh@theatrenemo.orgHugh@theatrenemo.org