Sessional Concierge Required - approximately 20 hours per week
Hours will sessional and will be flexible to meet the needs of the Centre
This will include Evening and Weekend working and will be paid at £8.50 per hour paid 4 weekly.
We require all applications to be received by Friday 1st of March 2019. We would ask that you provide us with a cover letter, outlining why you would be good candidate, and a copy of your CV.
Purpose of the post
Responsible for maintaining internal and external appearance of the Women’s Centre and ensuring a healthy, safe and welcoming environment for Users and Staff. The Post-Holder will be required to use their own initiative to achieve these aims and be able to carry out physical duties e.g. lifting and moving furniture, setting up for classes, events and venue hires.
Directly to the Team Manager and the Board of Directors
· To provide a high standard of cleaning within the Centre
· Duties will include ensuring there is a high standard of cleanliness is maintained, vacuuming, dusting, sweeping, mopping, toilet cleaning and emptying bins.
Undertaking any other Centre duties, the Centre Team Manager and Board of Directors deem appropriate to the post.
Some but not all of these may include:
· Welcoming women to the Centre
· Promoting the programme and the ‘Women Only’ policy
· Opening and closing the centre and ensuring the security of the Centre
· Occasionally supporting women in crisis to receive appropriate help
· Setting up and clearing away of equipment for classes/groups
· Dealing with office duties/enquiries as part of the Centre Team
· Remove litter from car park
· Organize fire drills and weekly fire alarm testing
The Women’s Centre
17-33 Shawpark Street
t: 0141 576 1400
Women only can be considered for this post as we are required for a particular sex as defined under Schedule 9 Part 1 of the Equality Act 2010