Glasgow Social Enterprise
Network (GSEN) is a membership network of social enterprise leaders operating in the
Greater Glasgow Area. Since its
set up in 2008 it has proven invaluable for members in providing a range of
services from information-sharing and peer support to
resources and access to events and training.
includes social enterprises of all sizes at all stages of their development,
across a wide range of trading activities.
We believe that social enterprise can transform the economic, environmental, social, and cultural life of Glasgow.
Our vision is of a dynamic and vibrant social enterprise community that is part of the fabric of the city, and which is central to the way that Glasgow chooses to do business.
Our ambition is to create a supportive environment in Glasgow in which social enterprise is able to flourish.
- Social enterprise is a well-known and widely accepted part of mainstream community life, work, business and education in the city
- Social enterprise plays a central role in reshaping and running the public services on which Glasgow continues to depend
- Social enterprise makes a strong and measurable contribution to the growth of Glasgow’s economy
- Social enterprises are able to make the most of locally important assets and act as a catalyst for wider community regeneration
- Social enterprise is the business model of choice for a new wave of entrepreneurs passionate about making a difference to Glasgow
What We Do
- We facilitate a safe space for members to
come together to share resources, ideas and experiences.
- We offer a platform for members to form
partnerships and collaborations.
- We provide information and signposting to
- We provide an outlet for awareness
raising of social enterprises, their products and services through our events
and communication channels
- We engage and consult with social
enterprises to ensure their views are represented at the appropriate levels,
locally, nationally and internationally.
- We enable opportunities for trading
between members, the community, public sector and private sector.
- We provide and enable access to events
- We undertake research to influence
strategic and policy development.
Glasgow Third Sector Interface
Glasgow Social Enterprise Network is a key partner in Glasgow’s Third Sector Interface, along with
GCVS, Volunteer Glasgow and the Glasgow Third Sector Forum. Together, these Glasgow-based partners provide comprehensive support to the third sector in the city to help them to function, grow and thrive.
About Third Sector Interfaces
Third Sector Interfaces were created across all local authority areas in Scotland in 2011, to provide a consistent arrangement for Third Sector support in each area and representation on community planning partnerships.
All Third Sector Interfaces across the country have four priorities and in Glasgow these are led by the core partners as follows:
- To develop and support voluntary organisations in their local areas – GCVS
- To promote and support volunteering – VG
- To develop and support social enterprises – GSEN
- To connect and involve the Third Sector in community planning – TSF
The Scottish Government has a Third Sector Unit which supports the development of the Third Sector in Scotland. View the Third Sector Unit’s web pages on the Scottish Government website.
GSEN Membership Code Of Conduct
Glasgow Social Enterprise Network is a:
Company Ltd by Guarantee No.
Registered Scottish Charity No.
With the registered
office at The Briggait, Unit 219, 141 Bridgegate, Glasgow G1 5HZ